Hogwarts Guardians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hogwarts Guardians

Hogwarts School of Witch Craft and Wizardry. Experince for your self the adventure that is Hogwarts

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Student enrollment form
The music Room - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 4:57 pm by Sydney Hale

» St, Mungo's 2043 (Fixed Future)
The music Room - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 5:51 am by Headmistress Kiara

» In Simpler Times (November Dark future 2028)
The music Room - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 6:59 am by Headmistress Kiara

» Winter 2028 ~ S/V Bedroom
The music Room - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 9:01 pm by kissofdeath

» Villa Casillas - The Casillas Summer House in Spain
The music Room - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:56 pm by Lacklustre

» The Edges of the Lake (Northside)
The music Room - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:40 pm by Eupa

» Join the DA
The music Room - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 1:23 pm by Uriel Seraphim

» Playby List
The music Room - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 9:19 am by Uriel Seraphim

» Uriel Seraphim
The music Room - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 12:58 pm by Uriel Seraphim

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 107 registered users
The newest registered user is levonyard

Our users have posted a total of 30947 messages in 825 subjects
Top posters
Lacklustre
The music Room - Page 2 Vote_lcap1The music Room - Page 2 Voting_barThe music Room - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Eupa
The music Room - Page 2 Vote_lcap1The music Room - Page 2 Voting_barThe music Room - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Headmistress Kiara
Merciful Heavens
kissofdeath
sub_rosa
Raven
Amy Avalon
Falling_Rain
Chunchkin
Affiliates
Hogwarts Founders

Quote of the day
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger. J. R. R. Tolkien
Jokes and Riddles
What is it that you can keep after giving it to someone else?
Hogwarts date
January 2019

The music Room

Go down 
+4
sub_rosa
Lacklustre
Amy Avalon
Headmistress Kiara
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

Number of posts : 1945
Registration date : 2009-05-03
Location : Depends on the character and their state of mind. xD

File
Name: Sevastyan Kaminski
Blood Rank: Pure Blood

The music Room - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The music Room   The music Room - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 2:01 am

"That it is," Sevastyan replied jovially, not entirely surprised that they both knew the title of this song.

Glancing up briefly so as not to cause the muscles in his neck to be sore, Sevastyan noticed the Professor had frowned. "You do not like it?" he asked curiously, unsure as to what had caused the change in Eglantine's expression.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

Number of posts : 4616
Registration date : 2009-03-20

File
Name: Eglantine DeLanquar & Horatio McKevin

PostSubject: Re: The music Room   The music Room - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 2:10 am

"No, I like it." she immediately assured him. "But you seemed..." Eglantine raised a hand to her forehead. "Lost in thought. Did I say something?"
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: The music Room   The music Room - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 2:54 am

"Oh," Sevastyan sighed, relieved. Of course, had she not liked the song he would have of course stopped playing that one and switched to something different. "I vos just thinking about my old friends ven they vere in school - they. . ." he paused, wondering if he should even mention it, ". . . they liked their music qvite loud," Sevastyan finished, though left himself entirely out of that statement. "Almost ear drum breaking loud," he added. "Forgive me, but I vos a little amused at the memory of them."
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: The music Room   The music Room - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 3:04 am

Eglantine nodded. "I am glad you were amused. My students used to play rather interesting selections of music as well. But they stopped rather early on in the school year. Beauxbatons does not tolerant misconduct."

She was greatly enjoying the memory of the her former students. Perfect French girls and boys who showed great respect for every teacher and every adult. The memories were on her mind a great deal thanks to the Triwizard Tournament that would be held soon.

"There may be a way..." she muttered, absently. Perhaps she could play her harp...
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: The music Room   The music Room - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 7:08 am

Sevastyan chortled lightly at her comments, but not in a way to seem derogatory or in any other way seem offensive. "I used to spend much of my time vith a rowdy crowd that found it . . . humorous . . . to annoy our professors at Durmstrang. They vere qvite tolerant despite their outvard appearance of being othervise," he revealed. Sevastyan hadn't faced the problems his professors had had, and was personally glad of it. When it was the right time and place, Sevastyan could be a kid at heart when he wanted to be.

"Yes, professor?" he inquired, curious, as he reached the last few seconds of the song.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: The music Room   The music Room - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 7:23 am

"A moment." Eglantine responded. With a flick of her wand, she accioed her Celtic harp from her bedroom and watched as it glided into the room. As it settled itself on the floor in front of her, she began to mutter various incantations.

Weaving a variety of spells together, soon she formed two hands, identical to her own. She extended her mind to completely control these creations and soon began to play the lovely instrument. Her eyes closed as "her hands" began to lightly flit over the taunt strings.

((https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFlKx3YPL5I))
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: The music Room   The music Room - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 7:15 pm

Sevastyan held any inquiry he might have conjured up, his right hand covering the strings of his guitar so the last few vibrations of Time in a Bottle would cease. When he seen the instrument, the earlier portion of his conversation with Eglantine became clear: why she hadn’t played due to her hands. Her choice of instrument was rather interesting. To Sevastyan’s recollection, no one in his family played the harp. Or, more to the point, they never played the harp at large family gatherings. Just because he hadn’t seen them at it didn’t mean they didn’t play, after all. . .

His gray eyes closed briefly when Eglantine began to play. Sevastyan smiled pleasantly at the soothing melody. “It is beautiful – you play very vell,” he stated sincerely. “Vot is the name?”
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: The music Room   The music Room - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 1:10 am

Eglantine opened her eyes; the hands vanishing into puffs of smoke. She had not played her harp in at least five years. It had been one of the things she had set aside when her husband had died. She had played it once after his death for her niece, Bella, but the girl had been rather unappreciative.

"Carolan's Dream." She replied, reaching out with her own unstable hands to stroke the smooth wood. "Thank you, very much for letting me play for you." her voice wavered slightly. Few people had ever taken the time to listen to her playing; to wrapped up in what they wanted to do at the moment to listen. Only her father and her husband had ever told her anything good about her playing.
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: The music Room   The music Room - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 1:53 am

"It vos vonderbar ((wonderful)), Professor, and a pleasure to hear you play!" Sevastyan replied in kind. "May I ask how you learned to play the harp?"

((Sorry this post is so short...))
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: The music Room   The music Room - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 2:26 am

((It's fine...posts do not need to be long.))

Eglantine almost blushed. "You are too kind." she returned. "My father began to teach me and then I taught myself from that point on."
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

Number of posts : 4759
Registration date : 2009-03-18

File
Name: Kiara Riddle
Blood Rank: Half blood

PostSubject: Re: The music Room   The music Room - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 3:41 pm

Kiara smiled, as she stood by the door, she had arrive just in time to hear Eglantine play her harp. She had known this room was a good idea, music had a way of opening people up in a very gentle way.

Clearing her throat she made her presance known.

"You are both very talented"
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsguardians.rpg-board.net
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: The music Room   The music Room - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 4:29 pm

"He must be a superb teacher. Is he a musician by trade?" Sevastyan returned politely.

The new voice startled Sevastyan, though upon seeing the Headmistress in the doorway he immediately released his hold on the wand he'd concealed in a hidden pocket. Said pocket was located in the bunched-up foot of robes behind the guitar standing in his lap. "Headmistress," he greeted the woman automatically by her title, entirely without thinking. Sevastyan might be older than her by four years, but that did not mean he wouldn't address her respectfully.

"Thank you very much, Kiara," he replied honestly, using her preferred means of address this time. "Vould you like to join us? I daresay vith a few more people ve could start our own band," he added, a grin spreading across his lips at the mention of a band. It was meant to be humorous, without malice or sarcasm. Just pure, light-hearted humor.

Last edited by sub_rosa on Fri May 15, 2009 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Age mix-up between characters. My bad. ^_^)
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

PostSubject: Re: The music Room   The music Room - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 4:57 pm

Kiara laughed "Yes that would be a sight wouldn't it, and sorry to startle you" she had not missed the defense professor tense, she made a mental note to try not to startle him in the future.

Looking at the intstruments chosen be the other two she said "Strings huh, my as well go with the pattern" a second later a violin appeared.

Kiara held the violin and played the tune and words came from her lips as she sang to the music.

(( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abdqte6ises )) (( I love this song and it seem to go with theme of the story))
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: The music Room   The music Room - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 5:52 pm

((Oops! My bad - no, no, he's definitely 34, lol. I edited my earlier post accordingly. So sorry for the mix-up... though, if it made at least one person laugh, it was worth it. ^_^))

"Qvite," Sevastyan returned. "And not to vorry." He didn't tell either of them, but Sevastyan learned in his late teens that it was better to be a little jumpy than overly trusting. The only time his guard was completely down, in fact, was when he was in a deep sleep.

When the violin appeared, Sevastyan smiled encouragingly. It was interesting the three of them all played a stringed instrument. The tune he heard from the musical instrument when Kiara began to play was beautifully enchanting. What he completely hadn't expected was for her to sing as she played. Not that it was uncommon or anything, just that he hadn't anticipated it. Paying careful attention to the lyrics, Sevastyan couldn't help but find himself relating to it in some way, though kept this observation to himself.

After the Headmistress had finished her song, Sevastyan applauded his appreciation quietly, certain that such a noise at its loudest would echo terribly in this room. "Enchanting performance, Kiara. You are qvite talented yourself, I see."

((I love that song, too! And the one at the "credits" [Let Me Sail, I think it's called?] happens to be one of my favorites songs by Enya.))
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

PostSubject: Re: The music Room   The music Room - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 6:06 pm

Kiara smiled and nodded " Thank you, I haven't played in quite a while actually, but it is one of my favorites, seems to have a element of truth to it i always find myself attracted to. It is easy to relate to I find" she said as she set her Violin down.
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: The music Room   The music Room - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 6:42 pm

Sevastyan nodded, a nonverbal acknowledgment that he felt the same.

"Vell, I've told Professor DeLanquar how my grandfather taught me the guitar; and she mentioned that her father taught her to play the harp. ... whom did you take music lessons from?" Sevastyan asked curiously.

"Ve vouldn't be a band vithout knowing each other's musical roots, after all," he added with a laugh. Who knows - perhaps this would be a type of in-joke for the three talented musicians/professors of the Hogwarts staff.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

PostSubject: Re: The music Room   The music Room - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 7:00 pm

Kiara nodded "Well I am sorry to say a family member didn't teach me, I learned while I attended muggle summer school during summer from Hogwarts. I was taugh a few actually, piano, guitar, and flute, and of cousre the Violin an instructor for each. I favor the violin though I like the sound of it"
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: The music Room   The music Room - Page 2 EmptySat May 16, 2009 1:27 am

Eglantine did not answer Sevastyan's question, deeply grateful that Kiara had chosen that moment to enter the room. She watched and listened silently as the younger woman played a lovely piece of music on a violin, smiling softly as it finished.

"That was lovely, Kiara. The violin definitely suits you best." She was slightly surprised that Kiara had learned at a summer school how to play her instruments, but only because she had forgotten how deeply Kiara's muggle roots went.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

PostSubject: Re: The music Room   The music Room - Page 2 EmptySat May 16, 2009 9:37 pm

Kiara nodded "thank you Eglantine, my intructers were burtal with practice time, though I didn't mind playing the Violin"
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: The music Room   The music Room - Page 2 EmptySat May 16, 2009 10:07 pm

Sevastyan's eyebrows rose briefly in response to the list of instruments Kiara knew how to play. "I agree vith Professor DeLanquar: the violin suits you best," he contributed. Laughing slightly in regards to her comment about the instructors' ideas about practice time, Sevastyan added, mostly joking, "Are you qvite certain your instructor vos not Zakhar Kaminski? My grandfather had similar ideas." As it was, the only students Zakhar had were his children, grandchildren, and any great-nieces or -nephews he happened to hear about.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

PostSubject: Re: The music Room   The music Room - Page 2 EmptySat May 16, 2009 10:21 pm

Kiara laughed "Yes I am quite certian, all of my music instructors were muggles"

Kiara thought back to her muggle schooling summers she always thought it was unfair that she had go to school while the rest of her friends had vacation. While she had her muggle school work and magic home work as well.

She was practically rised in school actually.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: The music Room   The music Room - Page 2 EmptySun May 17, 2009 3:34 am

"Well, without hard work the results are always less than perfect. I am sure your teachers only desired what was best for you." Eglantine knew her own method of teaching was rather intense, as several of her students, especially at Beauxbatons had complained about her to both the Headmistress and their parents. She had received howlers from disgruntled parents and a rather unique punishment from the Headmistress.

Shuddering from the memories, she closed her eyes. Her teaching methods had become much for lenient due to those punishments and howlers. Ironically, despite all the complaints, her students had been some of the finest produced from Beauxbatons. That was of course not her doing, she recalled. The Headmistress had all but taken over her classes after it became a common occurrence for howlers to begin the day.
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: The music Room   The music Room - Page 2 EmptySun May 17, 2009 11:49 pm

"Then it probably vosn't him. His appearance practically screams vizard," Sevastyan chortled. He had only been joking - admittedly at his grandfather's expense. But he wasn't here, so that was a plus for both of them.

Sevastyan nodded in agreement to Eglantine's statements, though had nothing more to add. He realized this himself, once he was an adult anyway. His grandfather's idea of learning to play the guitar was rather nasty when Sevastyan was just starting out. But, in the end, it paid off. He wondered if his cousins - even his siblings - had had such lessons? Zakhar always taught one-on-one, and no one really talked about them much, which was rather strange...

"So, who vould like to play next?" Sevastyan inquired at large, not quite certain how to verbally contribute to the current topic.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

PostSubject: Re: The music Room   The music Room - Page 2 EmptyMon May 18, 2009 12:06 am

Kiara thought for a moment, "I haven't heard you play yet Sevastyan and ihave only ever played he acustic guitar before, you must be good if got Eglantine to play her harp" she said with a smile releived Sevastyan found nothing odd about her going to muggle summer school.
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: The music Room   The music Room - Page 2 EmptyMon May 18, 2009 12:24 am

"Vell, I cannot say of myself, but Professor DeLanquar has offered very kind compliments," he returned, smiling in kind.

"I think I vill play Kalinka - it is a famous Russian folksong," he stated, so both would know the name of the song before he launched into it. With a quick glance to both professors he checked the position of his strumming hand, and surveyed the fretboard just long enough to get his bearings before plucking the first few notes...

((https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YekJ6Hs3u2g&feature=related))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The music Room   The music Room - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The music Room
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next