Hogwarts Guardians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hogwarts Guardians

Hogwarts School of Witch Craft and Wizardry. Experince for your self the adventure that is Hogwarts

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Student enrollment form
The Third Floor Coriddor EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 4:57 pm by Sydney Hale

» St, Mungo's 2043 (Fixed Future)
The Third Floor Coriddor EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 5:51 am by Headmistress Kiara

» In Simpler Times (November Dark future 2028)
The Third Floor Coriddor EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 6:59 am by Headmistress Kiara

» Winter 2028 ~ S/V Bedroom
The Third Floor Coriddor EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 9:01 pm by kissofdeath

» Villa Casillas - The Casillas Summer House in Spain
The Third Floor Coriddor EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:56 pm by Lacklustre

» The Edges of the Lake (Northside)
The Third Floor Coriddor EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:40 pm by Eupa

» Join the DA
The Third Floor Coriddor EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 1:23 pm by Uriel Seraphim

» Playby List
The Third Floor Coriddor EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 9:19 am by Uriel Seraphim

» Uriel Seraphim
The Third Floor Coriddor EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 12:58 pm by Uriel Seraphim

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 107 registered users
The newest registered user is levonyard

Our users have posted a total of 30947 messages in 825 subjects
Top posters
Lacklustre
The Third Floor Coriddor Vote_lcap1The Third Floor Coriddor Voting_barThe Third Floor Coriddor Vote_rcap 
Eupa
The Third Floor Coriddor Vote_lcap1The Third Floor Coriddor Voting_barThe Third Floor Coriddor Vote_rcap 
Headmistress Kiara
Merciful Heavens
kissofdeath
sub_rosa
Raven
Amy Avalon
Falling_Rain
Chunchkin
Affiliates
Hogwarts Founders

Quote of the day
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger. J. R. R. Tolkien
Jokes and Riddles
What is it that you can keep after giving it to someone else?
Hogwarts date
January 2019

The Third Floor Coriddor

Go down 
+3
kissofdeath
Merciful Heavens
Headmistress Kiara
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

Number of posts : 4759
Registration date : 2009-03-18

File
Name: Kiara Riddle
Blood Rank: Half blood

The Third Floor Coriddor Empty
PostSubject: The Third Floor Coriddor   The Third Floor Coriddor EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 4:14 am

A Boggort has been reported deep in the third floor coriddor. Will you go down and face your worsed fear to be rid of it?
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsguardians.rpg-board.net
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

Number of posts : 4616
Registration date : 2009-03-20

File
Name: Eglantine DeLanquar & Horatio McKevin
Blood Rank: Pure Blood

PostSubject: Re: The Third Floor Coriddor   The Third Floor Coriddor EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 1:18 am

Professor DeLanquar had finished grading her essays that afternoon and after a quick bite to eat from the Great Hall, morphed into her animagus form to explore Hogwarts.

She had been in all of the classrooms, thanks to detentions and other various problems, but there were some places she had not been.

In her animagus form the pain in her legs and side were less pronounced, although still present and she often viewed slipping into her cat form as a freedom of sorts. Stopping before turning a corner, Eglantine glanced around her be certain there were no students and then slipped into the empty hallway.

There did not seem to be anything of interest on the third floor, but she looked around anyway. Suddenly as she walked along, she heard a low growl. Stiffening by natural instinct, Eglantine felt her fur bristle as she turned her ears to hear where the sound had come from.

She could smell it as well as see it now. A big brown dog, only three of four meters from where she was standing. Her heart almost burst in fear and she backed into the corner, snarling and hissing. Her worst fear had apparently found her.
Back to top Go down
kissofdeath
Head of House
Head of House
kissofdeath

Number of posts : 3366
Registration date : 2009-03-22

File
Name: Amaranth Viper

PostSubject: Re: The Third Floor Coriddor   The Third Floor Coriddor EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 1:52 am

Viper paced through the corrider in a drowsy haze. She had been up the past few nights doing extensive research and was in desperate need of coffee. Unfortunately, due to her irritability from her lack of sleep, she had snapped at her houseeelf Tibby telling her to go away. A command Tibby seemed to have taken to heart.

As she passed the corner, she came upon the oddest sight: a cat being cornered by a dog. The corners of her mouth twitched at the sight, until the dog morphed into someone who was all too familiar to Viper: her father Lucifer Viper.

Lucifer snarled at Viper, approaching her. "Well look here," he hissed. "If it isn't a whore! A good for nothing whore! Lie on your back already, harlot, that's all you're ever good for!"

Memories flashed through Viper's mind of her abusive father: the curses he'd bestow unto her brother and all the scars the hot blade of his mouth would leave.

"R-Ridikulus!" Viper stammered, backing away slowly.

Lucifer scoffed. "Stupid b****, can't even cast a simple charm." he spat on her. "You're nothing, do you hear me? You're an embarassment to the Viper family! You're the filth of the bloodline! You're sister , the blood traitor is cleaner than you!"

Over and over again, various phrases degrading Viper were shouted by various members of her family, leaving Viper to clutch her head, screaming to make it stop.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: The Third Floor Coriddor   The Third Floor Coriddor EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 2:17 am

Eglantine morphed back into her human form and pulled her wand out.

"Riddikulus." she said, hands shaking violently. The boggart returned to its normal form and fell to the floor.
"Are you alright, Professor Viper?" Eglantine asked, making her way to stand by Viper.
Back to top Go down
kissofdeath
Head of House
Head of House
kissofdeath

File

PostSubject: Re: The Third Floor Coriddor   The Third Floor Coriddor EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 2:19 am

Viper immediately jumped up, instictively straightning herself and sorting herself out, breathing erraticly.

"You saw nothing." she breathed out, her eyes showing her fear that the other Professor would think her weak.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: The Third Floor Coriddor   The Third Floor Coriddor EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 2:31 am

"As you wish." Eglantine nodded. She had her shaking hand over her heart, trying to calm it.
Back to top Go down
kissofdeath
Head of House
Head of House
kissofdeath

File

PostSubject: Re: The Third Floor Coriddor   The Third Floor Coriddor EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 2:35 am

Attempting to lighten the conversation and put both of them at ease, Viper hastily changed the subject. "I didn't know you were an animagus..."

She mentally stored this interesting bit of information for later.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: The Third Floor Coriddor   The Third Floor Coriddor EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 2:40 am

"You didn't?" Eglantine raised an eyebrow, embarrassment paling her cheeks. "Well I suppose you do now. At least you feared something worth fearing. Mine was a bloody dog."
Back to top Go down
kissofdeath
Head of House
Head of House
kissofdeath

File

PostSubject: Re: The Third Floor Coriddor   The Third Floor Coriddor EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 2:43 am

Viper scoffed. "Worth fearing? I fear my memories of dead people!" she conjured 2 goblets, handing one to Eglantine and sipping one herself as she leaned against the wall. "At least your fear is understandable. Mine is just stupid..." she said as she lost herself in her beverage.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: The Third Floor Coriddor   The Third Floor Coriddor EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 2:47 am

"Memories are not stupid." Eglantine muttered, looking down into the goblet. She didn't want to drink it; but took a tentative sip anyway.
Back to top Go down
kissofdeath
Head of House
Head of House
kissofdeath

File

PostSubject: Re: The Third Floor Coriddor   The Third Floor Coriddor EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 2:52 am

Viper didn't even have to look up to know that Eglantine wasn't too thrilled with the beverage choice. "The goblet is charmed to change beverages at your will." she said softly, taking another sip. "And no, memories are not stupid. But the emotions they invoke and the power they still maintain are..."
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: The Third Floor Coriddor   The Third Floor Coriddor EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 2:56 am

"Unfortunately, I must agree." She took another sip, the firewhiskey burning her throat, but helping her regain control of her heart and breathing.
Back to top Go down
kissofdeath
Head of House
Head of House
kissofdeath

File

PostSubject: Re: The Third Floor Coriddor   The Third Floor Coriddor EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 2:59 am

Viper bit her lip nervously, wondering if she should ask the question that has always haunted her ming but she never dared ask. Deciding that this was probably the best moment, she decided to just jump the bullet and ask.

"Professor, may I ask you a personal question?"
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: The Third Floor Coriddor   The Third Floor Coriddor EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 3:01 am

"Of course." Wondering what in the world Viper could want to ask, Eglantine lowered the cup and raised an eyebrow.
Back to top Go down
kissofdeath
Head of House
Head of House
kissofdeath

File

PostSubject: Re: The Third Floor Coriddor   The Third Floor Coriddor EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 3:07 am

"If you were able to go back to the moment you met your husband and knew then what you knew now: the risks, the happiness, and the heartache, would you still have carried on your relationship with him?" Viper inquired curiously, but gently. She bit her lip nervously, hoping she hadn't offended the other Professor. She wasn't asking to be nosy or anything like that. It was just something she was genuinely curious about.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: The Third Floor Coriddor   The Third Floor Coriddor EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 3:13 am

Eglantine just stared at the younger woman.
"Yes, I would." she whispered, a sad smile forming on her lips.
Back to top Go down
kissofdeath
Head of House
Head of House
kissofdeath

File

PostSubject: Re: The Third Floor Coriddor   The Third Floor Coriddor EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 3:16 am

Viper's eyebrows raised in suprise before she snapped back into control, aware of the emotion she was drawing. "I-I'm sorry, Professor. Please, forgive me. It was too personal of a question..." she muttered before engrossing herself in her goblet.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: The Third Floor Coriddor   The Third Floor Coriddor EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 3:19 am

Eglantine sighed and blinked her eyes as if warding back tears. "There is no need to be sorry. May I ask you a question?"
Back to top Go down
kissofdeath
Head of House
Head of House
kissofdeath

File

PostSubject: Re: The Third Floor Coriddor   The Third Floor Coriddor EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 3:20 am

Viper nodded, unnerved by the fact that Eglantine appeared to be on the verge of tears. "Of course, Professor." she answered softly.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: The Third Floor Coriddor   The Third Floor Coriddor EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 3:22 am

"Why did you ask me that?" It was more of a plea than a question.
Back to top Go down
kissofdeath
Head of House
Head of House
kissofdeath

File

PostSubject: Re: The Third Floor Coriddor   The Third Floor Coriddor EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 3:27 am

Viper stammered for a moment, afraid that the other Professor interpreted her question as an attempt to hurt her. "I-I'm sorry, Professor. Please don't think I asked you this to hurt you. I know I've said many nasty things in the past with the intent to hurt you, and for that I'm sorry, but I promise, that was not the case this time around. It's just..." Viper broke off awkwardly, not really knowing how to say what was on her mind.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: The Third Floor Coriddor   The Third Floor Coriddor EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 4:03 am

"Just what?" Eglantine wiped away a tear that was dripping down her cheek. "I did not think you were attempting to hurt me. It is just an odd question."
Back to top Go down
kissofdeath
Head of House
Head of House
kissofdeath

File

PostSubject: Re: The Third Floor Coriddor   The Third Floor Coriddor EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 4:29 am

"I just don't understand how you can love someone that much!" she blurted out. "Or love someone in the first place." she added softly, her cheeks turning a light pink.

Feeling a bit flustered and embarassed at how she lost composure, she deicded to forgo the goblet and go for the gold: a neverending bottle complete with a straw. She attacked it instantly, as though drinking it would solve everything. Although, in a way it did...
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: The Third Floor Coriddor   The Third Floor Coriddor EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 4:41 am

Eglantine watched as Viper began drinking from the bottle. The woman had already proven that she had almost a duel personality; one that was vulnerable and the other that was a result of that vulnerability.

"Neither do I." She finally said. Love was such a complexly simple emotion that in truth she could not understand it. "But you do not have to understand it in order to have it. With my husband I never doubted I loved him or that he loved me; because he never let me doubt it. To love someone is to give yourself completely to them, knowing they will protect you and give themselves in return."
Back to top Go down
kissofdeath
Head of House
Head of House
kissofdeath

File

PostSubject: Re: The Third Floor Coriddor   The Third Floor Coriddor EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 4:53 am

Viper nodded slowly and silently, her green eyes misty from Eglantine's declaration. "Maybe you don't have to understand it to have it, but perhaps you may have to understand it a little in order to appreciate it." she paused a moment, deep in thought. "Maybe that's where my family went wrong, where I went wrong, and still go wrong." she laughed softly to herself. "My grandfather used to laugh about Dumbledore's ideas of love, mock him, call him a fool for beliving that a small thing, a nuisance like love would make such an impact. And for a while I agreed with him. But now..." Viper paused and bit her lip as a few tears cascaded down her face. "Now, I see how it is with Odessa and her husband, and how it was with you and your's and now." her voice chocked with emotion as she faced Eglantine, tears still streaming, the bottle long forgotten. "Now, I think we're the fools...."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Third Floor Coriddor   The Third Floor Coriddor Empty

Back to top Go down

The Third Floor Coriddor
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next