Hogwarts Guardians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hogwarts Guardians

Hogwarts School of Witch Craft and Wizardry. Experince for your self the adventure that is Hogwarts

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Student enrollment form
Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 4:57 pm by Sydney Hale

» St, Mungo's 2043 (Fixed Future)
Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 5:51 am by Headmistress Kiara

» In Simpler Times (November Dark future 2028)
Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 6:59 am by Headmistress Kiara

» Winter 2028 ~ S/V Bedroom
Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 9:01 pm by kissofdeath

» Villa Casillas - The Casillas Summer House in Spain
Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:56 pm by Lacklustre

» The Edges of the Lake (Northside)
Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:40 pm by Eupa

» Join the DA
Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 1:23 pm by Uriel Seraphim

» Playby List
Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 9:19 am by Uriel Seraphim

» Uriel Seraphim
Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 12:58 pm by Uriel Seraphim

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 107 registered users
The newest registered user is levonyard

Our users have posted a total of 30947 messages in 825 subjects
Top posters
Lacklustre
Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants) - Page 2 Vote_lcap1Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants) - Page 2 Voting_barGreenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Eupa
Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants) - Page 2 Vote_lcap1Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants) - Page 2 Voting_barGreenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Headmistress Kiara
Merciful Heavens
kissofdeath
sub_rosa
Raven
Amy Avalon
Falling_Rain
Chunchkin
Affiliates
Hogwarts Founders

Quote of the day
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger. J. R. R. Tolkien
Jokes and Riddles
What is it that you can keep after giving it to someone else?
Hogwarts date
January 2019

Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

Number of posts : 4616
Registration date : 2009-03-20

File
Name: Eglantine DeLanquar & Horatio McKevin
Blood Rank: Pure Blood

Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants)   Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 12:06 am

Eglantine carefully hid her disapproval at Miranda's either lie or half-truth, which was basically the same thing... A master of deception herself, she had learned long ago how to tell if someone else was lying. So she did either know Viper personally or professionally. Maybe they hadn't gotten on...it would hardly shock her.

"We have a friendship of sorts." Eglantine replied, not exactly sure what else to call their relationship. With Sevastyan now in the younger witch's life, she barely saw her, save for meals...but Eglantine was busy enough with Edwin, who could easily keep four mothers busy, and her work, to not think about it, until now.
Back to top Go down
kissofdeath
Head of House
Head of House
kissofdeath

Number of posts : 3366
Registration date : 2009-03-22

File
Name: Amaranth Viper

PostSubject: Re: Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants)   Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 1:53 am

Getting the feeling that the other Professor could spot her dishonesty, Miranda quickly added "I've never met her." she offered with pure honesty, for that part was completely true. She'd never met Amaranth face to face, never introduced herself or held a conversation. All she had were whispers.

Miranda nodded in comprehension of Eglantine's assessment. "Of sorts? I take it you do not quite get along?" Perhaps all the whispers about her legendary temper tantrums were true...
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants)   Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 3:53 am

"Then you must know her by reputation." Eglantine surmised, hand still playing with Excessum. That was quite possible due to Viper's rather large ego...

"We have differences in opinion on many items. Attire, teaching..." she left off the other big one.
Back to top Go down
kissofdeath
Head of House
Head of House
kissofdeath

File

PostSubject: Re: Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants)   Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 4:21 am

Miranda nodded. "Indeed, whispers and articles concerning ECHOs demise."

She raised an eyebrow at Eglantine's response, feeling she was leaving something out. "Oh come now, Professor. Don't tell me trivial things such as that strained any relations between you and her..." Normally Miranda wouldn't delve so deeply and forcefully in feuds but this was different. Very different.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants)   Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 4:56 am

Eglantine longed to be able to seat herself in her wheelchair, however since the wooden item was in her chambers, she had to be content with the levitation charm. It irritated her to no end that after just having met this woman she was boring into personal matters. Typical of head people, she thought.

"It is hardly something I wish to discuss." she stated softly. As her thoughts mused over Dracovan Viper and how he had died, she felt a wave of energy stronger than the others wave over her from Excessum.
Back to top Go down
kissofdeath
Head of House
Head of House
kissofdeath

File

PostSubject: Re: Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants)   Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 4:58 am

Miranda winced. Clearly she had lost control and come on too strong. "Of course, Forgive me, Professor. I did not mean to pry. Alas, I'm afraid I've always had a problem with curiousity." Miranda concluded with an apologetic smile.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants)   Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 5:45 am

Eglantine nodded, she had become much more forgiving since doing things with Horatio, who was about as curious as they came...
"It is okay... maybe I am slightly too private with my life. But what happened is between Professor Viper and I..."
Back to top Go down
kissofdeath
Head of House
Head of House
kissofdeath

File

PostSubject: Re: Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants)   Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 5:47 am

"No, no. It was my fault. Here we are having just met and I was already badgering you. And you are wholly right, whatever happened is between you and Amaranth." Miranda nodded fervently and apologetically.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants)   Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 6:11 am

Deciding she liked the woman, Eglantine gave her a rare smile. "How did you become a counselor?" she asked, trying to keep the conversation from dying.
Back to top Go down
kissofdeath
Head of House
Head of House
kissofdeath

File

PostSubject: Re: Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants)   Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 6:21 am

Miranda smiled her gratitude, resisting the urge to sigh in relief, before she answered the question seriously and honestly.

"Well, I grew up in and was apart of a traditional pure-blood household. One where children were taught obedience and discipline, self-sacrificing for the family's advancement were all that mattered. Thoughts and emotions must be bottled up, never revealed and fake smiles and bows the only signs of affection. I know how hard it is to live like that. No one should ever have to live like that. Why, that's not even living..." As Miranda spoke, the far-away look in her eyes appeared once more as they moistened with emotion and long, forsaken memories.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants)   Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 6:34 am

Eglantine listened, amazed at how similar Miranda's childhood sounded like Viper's... Pulling her lavender handkerchief from her pocket, she handed it to Miranda. Her own childhood had been difficult so she could hardly fault the woman for becoming emotional.
Back to top Go down
kissofdeath
Head of House
Head of House
kissofdeath

File

PostSubject: Re: Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants)   Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 6:46 am

Breaking from the emotional rollercoaster, Miranda declined the offered handkerchief with a smile, blinking the tears away. "Why did you choose to be a Professor?" she sniffed with a small smile, trying to lighten the atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants)   Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 6:53 am

Eglantine tucked the handkerchief away, her face a neutral stone. "I desired to help the growing generations learn. My own education as a child was far from pleasant, and I hoped to be able to make a difference in my students' lives."
Back to top Go down
kissofdeath
Head of House
Head of House
kissofdeath

File

PostSubject: Re: Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants)   Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 5:57 pm

"I see..." Miranda replied softly. "Have you taught here very long, Professor?"
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants)   Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 5:51 am

Having already informed Miranda that she had begun teaching at Hogwarts that year, Eglantine cocked her head in a feline manner. "I have taught for 31 years, at Beauxbatons, as a private tutor and at a muggle university..."
Back to top Go down
kissofdeath
Head of House
Head of House
kissofdeath

File

PostSubject: Re: Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants)   Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 5:57 am

Blinking her eyes, Miranda realized that she had just repeated a previously asked question. She mentally sighed in irritation. She always had a tendency to get a bit...scatterbrained when distracted. With a light blush, Miranda quickly adressed the younger witch.

"Forgive me, Professor. I'm afraid I tend to lose my train of thought when I have alot on my mind. That and its one of the lovely gifts old age brings you." she chuckled softly, rolling her eyes at herself in the process.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants)   Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 6:07 am

Remembering how she had asked the same questions repeatedly at a certain ball, Eglantine nodded. "Oh it is quite all right. Memory is such a strange thing anyway." she stated, her tone serious and without levity. Excessum was making it difficult for her to pay attention to Miranda... it was as if being near the other witch angered it...
Back to top Go down
kissofdeath
Head of House
Head of House
kissofdeath

File

PostSubject: Re: Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants)   Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 6:25 am

Miranda smiled in gratitude at the understanding the other witch displayed, opting to change the subject. "Your form is quite impressive. Did you become an animagus under a tutor?" Miranda inquired curiously, for her sons and husband, although bore the snake charmer's gene still self-studied for an additional form.

True, they had tutors but having one to learn to becom an animagus would have been foolish, for then it would all have to be legalizes and recorded, making it completely useless for the Viper's plotting and spying.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants)   Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 6:42 am

Eglantine removed her hand from her pocket, surprised by how much will power the simple action required...
"No, I did not have a tutor. My father assisted me though." Slightly untrue, as her father had basically patted her head and cheered her effort...then later had refused to allow her to register. She had registered, at 16 years of age becoming one of the youngest animagi.
Back to top Go down
kissofdeath
Head of House
Head of House
kissofdeath

File

PostSubject: Re: Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants)   Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 5:36 pm

Miranda nodded thoughtfully. "How kind of him..."

Malachite had always let the boys teach themselves, firmly believing in self-tutoring, for anything else her considered mollycoddling. Miranda distinctly remembered her youngest son Maximus becoming an animagus a few weeks shy of turning fifteen, an impressive accomplishment that would have warranted various forms of recognition. Unfortunetly, becoming registered with said form on the public eye was unacceptable for the Vipers.

Despite excessive pleading from Maximus and Miranda herself, Malachite would not budge and change his mind, leaving Maximus's victorious feat to remain unknown, forgotten. All to help nourish the Viper clan's ambition.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants)   Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants) - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 9:15 am

Eglantine longed to be able to leave the Greenhouse then, to get away from the woman and anyone else who might ask questions and ask for answers. But she didn't move a muscle despite her longing. Her childhood was over; her father was dead and her brother blamed her for his son and wife's death. The past, although constantly nagging at her mind, was slowly fading. The future, held her son and Horatio...and Excessum.

"Do you have family?" she asked, not wanting Miranda to find her rude.
Back to top Go down
kissofdeath
Head of House
Head of House
kissofdeath

File

PostSubject: Re: Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants)   Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants) - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 2:57 pm

Miranda sighed. She always hated when people asked this question. Mainly because she had a difficult time answering it.

"I did, a long time ago. Unfortunately they're all dead now." Once again, semi-truth that could be slightly detected in her voice considering she still had two granddaughters.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants)   Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants) - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 1:27 am

Eglantine bit her lip. She had unfortunately asked the wrong question. "I am sorry to hear that." she stated softly. And please don't ask that question to me as well...she added silently. Most counselor's eyes seemed to light up at the mere mention of her husband's death, as if Eglantine desperately needed counseling due to her loss.
Back to top Go down
kissofdeath
Head of House
Head of House
kissofdeath

File

PostSubject: Re: Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants)   Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants) - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 7:14 am

Sensing Eglantine's reaction to her answer, Miranda sought quickly to reassure her. "Not to worry, dear. It was a long time ago that my husband and sons died and I have moved past it and accepted it. Life must got on, after all."

"What of you, Professor?" Miranda deliberately left the question open, not necessarily fixated on husbands and children as to help relieve pressure the question may carry.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants)   Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants) - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 10:18 am

Well, she had sense, Eglantine admitted. And then came the question. Thankful that it was general enough to allow her to answer it, she sighed.

"I have a brother in Germany. He has two sons with him and a daughter who attends Hogwarts. Bella Rosier, she is a 5th year."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants)   Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Greenhouse Five (Dangerous & Advanced-Level Plants)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next