Hogwarts Guardians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hogwarts Guardians

Hogwarts School of Witch Craft and Wizardry. Experince for your self the adventure that is Hogwarts

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Student enrollment form
The Ministry of Magic - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 4:57 pm by Sydney Hale

» St, Mungo's 2043 (Fixed Future)
The Ministry of Magic - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 5:51 am by Headmistress Kiara

» In Simpler Times (November Dark future 2028)
The Ministry of Magic - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 6:59 am by Headmistress Kiara

» Winter 2028 ~ S/V Bedroom
The Ministry of Magic - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 9:01 pm by kissofdeath

» Villa Casillas - The Casillas Summer House in Spain
The Ministry of Magic - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:56 pm by Lacklustre

» The Edges of the Lake (Northside)
The Ministry of Magic - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:40 pm by Eupa

» Join the DA
The Ministry of Magic - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 1:23 pm by Uriel Seraphim

» Playby List
The Ministry of Magic - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 9:19 am by Uriel Seraphim

» Uriel Seraphim
The Ministry of Magic - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 12:58 pm by Uriel Seraphim

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 107 registered users
The newest registered user is levonyard

Our users have posted a total of 30947 messages in 825 subjects
Top posters
Lacklustre
The Ministry of Magic - Page 4 Vote_lcap1The Ministry of Magic - Page 4 Voting_barThe Ministry of Magic - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
Eupa
The Ministry of Magic - Page 4 Vote_lcap1The Ministry of Magic - Page 4 Voting_barThe Ministry of Magic - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
Headmistress Kiara
Merciful Heavens
kissofdeath
sub_rosa
Raven
Amy Avalon
Falling_Rain
Chunchkin
Affiliates
Hogwarts Founders

Quote of the day
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger. J. R. R. Tolkien
Jokes and Riddles
What is it that you can keep after giving it to someone else?
Hogwarts date
January 2019

The Ministry of Magic

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

Number of posts : 4616
Registration date : 2009-03-20

File
Name: Eglantine DeLanquar & Horatio McKevin
Blood Rank: Pure Blood

The Ministry of Magic - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ministry of Magic   The Ministry of Magic - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 3:31 am

Mongaven all but collapsed into his chair, wiping his forehead with a clean handkerchief and still sweating profusely.

"Do you have anything to add, Mr. Mongaven?" the judge asked, obviously finding the memories more than sufficient.

The lawyer stood. "No, Your Honour, I will accept that Headmistress Kiara was indeed attacked by Mr. Lestrange and that he did intend to cause harm to her. Professor Kaminski did defend her and the charge of murder is dropped." Mongaven had lost, despite his mental boastings. With a slight bow to both Kiara and Sevastyan, he returned to his seat.
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

Number of posts : 1945
Registration date : 2009-05-03
Location : Depends on the character and their state of mind. xD

File
Name: Sevastyan Kaminski

PostSubject: Re: The Ministry of Magic   The Ministry of Magic - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 4:25 am

Sevastyan was startled out of his mental conversation with Professor DeLanquar when Kiara supplied the court with memories of the event, though outwardly schooled his face and eyes into neutrality. He had relived his part in the event far too many times to really want to see them from another's point of view, and hence placed all of his concentration back into the communication with Eglantine.

It is rather odd... hearing vone's own voice from somevone else's ears. Sevastyan remarked quietly, so that the professor could see and hear the memories for herself but still be aware that he was speaking with her.

Once the memories ended it was clear that Sevastyan's awareness of the mental conversation had waned to a decent level of attention as opposed to the overbearing watchfulness he'd initially given it. The internal sigh of relief at Mongaven's retreat from his theories could only be heard by him and Eglantine. They had won... Sevastyan silently concluded that once he got back to his quarters, for the evening, he was getting something strong to drink in celebration. The Russian didn't care if his colleague had heard his musings or not: he would be off duty, and in his opinion they had earned a little fun after all of this fuss!

What shocked Sevastyan even more was the slight bow Mr. Mongaven gave him and Kiara. Slowly, he did the same, though kept his eyes on the lawyer's retreating back for observational purposes. Obviously, he had been hired with the hopes to only show the court something very different than the actual events. But... did the man himself feel that way? Sevastyan doubted whether or not he could perceive such a thing, but that didn't mean he wouldn't at least observe in an attempt to hazard his own guess.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

Number of posts : 4759
Registration date : 2009-03-18

File
Name: Kiara Riddle
Blood Rank: Half blood

PostSubject: Re: The Ministry of Magic   The Ministry of Magic - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 4:35 am

Kiara leaned back in her chair in relief, "We rest our case as well your honor" she said as she summond her pensive back to her self.

She nodded to Mongaven, glad he had given up finally.

"Thank merlin..." she breathed.
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsguardians.rpg-board.net
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: The Ministry of Magic   The Ministry of Magic - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 4:45 am

Eglantine breathed both a physical and mental sigh of relief as Mongaven retreated and dropped the murder charges. It still vexed her that she could not pin where she had either heard or seen Mongaven before, and it bled into her thoughts that she was currently sharing with Sevastyan.
It amused her that his plans included a strong drink at the end of the day.

Would that be vodka or something else? she asked him, laughing softly. The laugh shared through occlumency was soft and musical. Hopefully, Kiara will not be long in finishing up this case. Without much thought she leapt up on the desk and stretched her legs.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

PostSubject: Re: The Ministry of Magic   The Ministry of Magic - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 5:18 am

The judge banged the gavel " In case of Daniel Lestrange, his death was a result of self defense! no charges will be filed, Well done Headmistress!"

Kiara nodded to the judge and turned to smile at Eglantine and Sevastyan.

"We won... finally that took longer then I thought it would" she said relieved.
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: The Ministry of Magic   The Ministry of Magic - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 5:28 am

I don't think I've seen him before... I think I vould have remembered his face... Sevastyan mused, the suspicion in his voice clearly in regards to the man in question.

He sent a stream of laughter at the question through their link of sorts, the tone lower than his actual voice but not quite as melodic to have been considered musical. Vy, vodka, of course. My grandfather vos a musician, yes, but he also has a vodka manufacturing and distribution company, Sevastyan replied, the laughter clearly splashing his words as well.

Agreed, he added and, like the feline, stretched out his legs, however did so whilst remaining seated.

"Indeed," Sevastyan whispered quietly in Kiara's direction at the sigh thanking the famous wizard, then turned to her with a smile of his own.

"Vell, if ve veren't constantly interrupted vith vild story-telling it probably vouldn't have taken so long," the Russian laughed with relief, the statement light-hearted despite the battle of wits they'd just had with Mr. Mongaven. "I vonder vot it vos Miss Rosier claims she saw?" Out of everything in this case, that was what still vexed him: the fact that the opposition for the longest time assumed that there was something going on 'behind the scenes' at Hogwarts...
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: The Ministry of Magic   The Ministry of Magic - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 5:49 am

Eglantine hissed as Mongaven approached them, baring her teeth and flexing her claws. Her ears flattened like dropped sails and she all but spit at him.

"Lovely cat, Professor." Mongaven drawled, clearly indifferent to the cat's aggression. "I just wanted to give my apologies to both of you. My job was to do exactly as I did, but I often become to wrapped up in what I am paid to do. If you'll...Ow!" he drew back his arm quickly from where it had accidentally brushed up against Eglantine. "Damn cat." he muttered, checking his arm and wincing at the slightly red streaks left by her claws.

Suddenly Eglantine launched herself at him, yowling as she leapt up onto his face, ripping and biting as she went up over his face and head and then down his back. Mongaven screamed bloody murder, begging someone, or anyone, to get the cat off of him.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

PostSubject: Re: The Ministry of Magic   The Ministry of Magic - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 6:02 am

Kiara sighed, the man did deserve it for all the thing he did but it was his job, it was why people hated laywers like him.

But the last thing she needed was the man sueing them because of their "cat".

Kiara held up her hand after afew seconds and used a leviation charm on Eglantine to gentaly pull her off of him.

"Now, now.. that is quite enough. We just got out of here, I don't want to go back...because of a cat fight" she said.
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: The Ministry of Magic   The Ministry of Magic - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 11:11 pm

Sevastyan nodded in response to the rather indifferent acknowledgment to the cat, a little unsure as to why they were being approached now that the case was settled and over with.

He glanced over in Kiara's direction when she sighed, watching Eglantine go from the corner of his eye. Sevastyan promised himself he would laugh once they were safely out of Ministry confines, and schooled his face into a neutral but somewhat apologetic expression. It was rather difficult to manage as Kiara admonished Professor DeLanquar, but Sevastyan assumed he did rather well.

"My apologies, Mr. Mongaven. Flora can be a little... protective," he offered, though quickly sent to Eglantine and Kiara through a securely occluded link: Goood kitty...

The humor was practically dripping from the thought.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: The Ministry of Magic   The Ministry of Magic - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 1:05 am

Eglantine was breathing heavily from her assault on Mongaven, but was slowly calming in Kiara's arms.

Mongaven was another story. Rivets of blood were pouring from the many cuts on his face, hands, arms and neck, where the cat had shredded his skin. However instead of launching into a tirade about battery and assault, he bowed once more and fled the courtroom.

Good kitty! Eglantine exclaimed, mentally, shooting a cat glare at Sevastyan. I would hardly apologize to that squid! He was trying to see if I had any wards in my mind; no doubt checking to see if I was a real cat. Had I been, he could have killed me! Her voice sounded panicked and each word was laced with a tangible fear.

Last edited by Merciful Heavens on Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

PostSubject: Re: The Ministry of Magic   The Ministry of Magic - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 1:57 am

Kiara tried to stop a smile at the "Good Kitty" comment.

Then she tried to hide her concern at Eglantines panicked voice in her head.

Stroking her fur in a effort to calm her down.

"Well it is a good thing you are more then a ordinary cat then. And you certainly sent him with his tail between his legs"
Back to top Go down
sub_rosa
Head of House
Head of House
sub_rosa

File

PostSubject: Re: The Ministry of Magic   The Ministry of Magic - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 2:19 am

Sevastyan wasn't sure whether to laugh or wince at the words he'd said being repeated into his mind in a higher pitch and with a completely different tone. He settled for blinking as though sunlight had gotten into his eyes.

Is there any proof that vot I said vos a legitimate apology? Come now, professor - I dislike him as much as you do. It vos qvite simply a cover, he sent so that both could hear even though his words were aimed at Eglantine. There was a remnant of a laugh in his mind-voice. By now words such as 'proof', 'speculation', and 'theory' were practically seared into his vocabulary even though they'd already been there to begin with.

However, something in his mind seemed to darkened briefly in response to Professor DeLanquar's panic. That only proves he had a cover as vell... and I agree vith the Headmistress and reiterate: goood kitty - you did vot I'm sure ve vould both have liked to do but couldn't vithout getting into further trouble!

Come, let us get out of here: the sooner ve get back to the castle, the sooner ve can come up vith our own speculations...

With that, Sevastyan began to make his way out of the courtroom under the assumption that Kiara and Eglantine were right behind him.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

PostSubject: Re: The Ministry of Magic   The Ministry of Magic - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 2:37 am

Eglantine climbed up onto Kiara's shoulder, balancing herself expertly, until she came to the realization that she needed a slightly large area to stand on.

Very well, and I am glad I was able to show him part of my contempt. she muttered, mentally, her usual soft calm voice reasserted. Leaping down from Kiara's shoulder, she ran to catch up with Sevastyan. He was larger than Kiara and with perfect feline grace she leapt up onto his shoulder. Even without digging her claws into his robes, she was able to keep her balance and remain seated.
I most heartily agree... she replied, glancing back to make sure Kiara was following.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

PostSubject: Re: The Ministry of Magic   The Ministry of Magic - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 3:16 am

Kiara followed

"Thank goodness this is over. i swear i I have never come across a lawyer as bad as him with wasting time with ridiculous theories. Now we can now go back to Hogwarts and relax. To think that man almost used up all my evidence is scary"

She thought as she followed her two friends out of the courtroom.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

PostSubject: Re: The Ministry of Magic   The Ministry of Magic - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 5:43 pm

((Diferent court, Calista Vaight))

Kiara stood in the busy court room, the court would being in 15 minutes, she had all her evidence gathered everything was solid. She knew the judge in the court, he was harsh, but fair, it would be a fair judgment. If she did the job right Calista Vaight would be cleared of all charges.

She was however curious as the who her opposition was, preying it wasn't another theory conspirisey making looney like the Daniel lestrange trial....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ministry of Magic   The Ministry of Magic - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Ministry of Magic
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4