Hogwarts Guardians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hogwarts Guardians

Hogwarts School of Witch Craft and Wizardry. Experince for your self the adventure that is Hogwarts

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Student enrollment form
AU II ~Test Run~ EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 4:57 pm by Sydney Hale

» St, Mungo's 2043 (Fixed Future)
AU II ~Test Run~ EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 5:51 am by Headmistress Kiara

» In Simpler Times (November Dark future 2028)
AU II ~Test Run~ EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 6:59 am by Headmistress Kiara

» Winter 2028 ~ S/V Bedroom
AU II ~Test Run~ EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 9:01 pm by kissofdeath

» Villa Casillas - The Casillas Summer House in Spain
AU II ~Test Run~ EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:56 pm by Lacklustre

» The Edges of the Lake (Northside)
AU II ~Test Run~ EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:40 pm by Eupa

» Join the DA
AU II ~Test Run~ EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 1:23 pm by Uriel Seraphim

» Playby List
AU II ~Test Run~ EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 9:19 am by Uriel Seraphim

» Uriel Seraphim
AU II ~Test Run~ EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 12:58 pm by Uriel Seraphim

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 107 registered users
The newest registered user is levonyard

Our users have posted a total of 30947 messages in 825 subjects
Top posters
Lacklustre
AU II ~Test Run~ Vote_lcap1AU II ~Test Run~ Voting_barAU II ~Test Run~ Vote_rcap 
Eupa
AU II ~Test Run~ Vote_lcap1AU II ~Test Run~ Voting_barAU II ~Test Run~ Vote_rcap 
Headmistress Kiara
Merciful Heavens
kissofdeath
sub_rosa
Raven
Amy Avalon
Falling_Rain
Chunchkin
Affiliates
Hogwarts Founders

Quote of the day
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger. J. R. R. Tolkien
Jokes and Riddles
What is it that you can keep after giving it to someone else?
Hogwarts date
January 2019

AU II ~Test Run~

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

Number of posts : 4759
Registration date : 2009-03-18

File
Name: Kiara Riddle
Blood Rank: Half blood

AU II ~Test Run~ Empty
PostSubject: AU II ~Test Run~   AU II ~Test Run~ EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 7:48 am

((Posted Kiara's test Run Merci, hope it is alright let me know if anything should be changed.. want to make a RP out of this? or just a short intro?))

Kiara stood in her office reading over a large tome and holding onto the compass that had brought Owain in their world from another. In her study of the object she learned other world travelers couldn't stay in the visitor world for very long. She hadn't found out why yet, but that information concerned her greatly for Owain, who she had quickly become quite found of. It was for this reason she need to take the boy back to his world, even though it hurt her more then she could say, that she had to send him away for his own good..
It for this reason, as she started murmuring an old tongue that a tear rolled down her cheek..
The runes on the powerful object were activated and started glowing as the headmistress muttered the spell to send her to another world. She has learned how to control the compass at least she hoped she had.. Otherwise this would end badly, but she rather it end badly just for her then with Owain as well.
Soon Kiara entered a trance becoming unaware of the world around her, which was just as well, as her world started to melt away and she was swept or more like ripped from her place and into a dimension few mortals had not seen in hundreds of years.

((AU world))
Kiara opened her eyes and wanted to scream for all the chaos that went on around flashes, or windows of other worlds spun around her. But then she remembered the knowledge she read in her studies, she need to focus on the world she needed.

Owain.. her death.. Ciaran.. Tav... Horatio.... Eglantine...
Soon a window floated up in front of her showing the scene of Eglantine and Horatio's house, the feeling then felt right. She went into it, a light blinded her for a moment and she found herself standing small ways away from her parents home...
She just managed to conjure a black cloak and hood over her head before a dizzy spell got the better of her and she leant against a tree. Despite feeling tire and disoriented she sighed in relief.. she had done it..

So she wouldn't give herself away she magicked her hood to hide her face.. and cast a spell to disguise her voice.. she was dead in this world after all her arrival may have a bigger impact on this world then Owains had in hers. No need to scare the heck out of everyone no..

She walked up the the house and tried to take normal breaths... this was perhaps the most crazy thing she had ever done... she moved her hand to knock on the door time to test if this was the world Owain had left behind...
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsguardians.rpg-board.net
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

Number of posts : 4616
Registration date : 2009-03-20

File
Name: Eglantine DeLanquar & Horatio McKevin
Blood Rank: Pure Blood

AU II ~Test Run~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: AU II ~Test Run~   AU II ~Test Run~ EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 4:03 am

(lovely post ^_^ and sure, we can make this into a rp)

Horatio chewed on the end of his pipe, running it over his lips again and again as had become one of his many habits when busy. He was engrossed in the letter his daughters had sent him from their school and took little notice of the cold cup of tea he'd yet to drink, the warmed up now cold pork pie that was suppose to have been his lunch or the light knock on the heavy walnut door.

"Darling..." Eglantine paused from washing the dishes to turn back to him, hoping to get his attention. Though each in their own way they 'mourned' the missing child; Horatio had recovered quickly enough, assuring her and Tav that Owain would return... 'He just knew it' but at times like these, when she knew he wasn't aware that she was watching him, everything he was thinking was always written into his tired face. And while she cried herself to sleep every night, he held her and stayed awake long after she had succumbed; giving more than enough proof to the fact that he too was worried about the child.

"Dear..." Again nothing. Reaching for the nearest cloth, she dried her hands off and headed for the door. At first she thought it might be Ciaran, but then again, he never knocked. Edwin never did either, although he was staying at a friend's house. A blessing in her mind, since it distracted him from being worried about Owain. Tav was another story and by the music faintly heard from downstairs, she knew he was up in his room.
Enough time had passed that she really didn't have to check their wards set in place, knowing that those who had at one point wished them dead were already buried. A lingering hope lit that maybe it was Owain and she unlatched the door and allowed it to swing open.

The sight of the taller black cloaked figure stilled her hope and forced it backwards until her hand was tightly gripping her wand beneath her apron.
"M-may I help you?" she asked, nearly timid.

Back at the table, Horatio turned the letter over, smiling at the dual inter-woven signatures of his little girls.
"Lenty, did you read this yet?" he called, not noticing she wasn't at the sink.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

AU II ~Test Run~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: AU II ~Test Run~   AU II ~Test Run~ EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 7:50 am

Kiara swallowed at the sight of her mother looking at her timidly and quite likely reaching for her wand. She rasied her hands "I mean you no harm, I am a friend" she said her voice enchanted to sound unfamiliar to her mothers ears. She placed the compass around her neck so she needn't hold it in her shaking hands.

"Though what I have to say might interest you.." she said trying to keep her voice neutral for now.

She looked at Horatio over her mothers shoulder and couldn't help but smile slightly.. it was refreshing to see her father seem more "youthful" then he was currently in her universe.

" This might sound like a odd question, and if you don't know what I mean then place forgive my intrusion.. but Do you know an Owain McConn?" she asked. If this was the wrong universe she would find out soon enough. She also slowly took a picture out from her pocket.. and handed it to Eglantine, it was a picture she had taken of him while playing a game of chess with him. He had waved to the camera shyly, but had a big grin on his face mouthed the words "Check mate!".

"If so, is he by any chance.. missing from this world?" she asked softly.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

AU II ~Test Run~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: AU II ~Test Run~   AU II ~Test Run~ EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 3:21 am

She ignored her husband, taking a step toward the woman and clicking the door shut behind her. It was odd; the situation and the attire the other had chosen. But she didn't comment on it, instead the words only moments before spoken echoed through her mind. Owain... this person wanted to know about her beloved grandson. It was too surprising for her to become defensive and whatever thoughts she had against the lady vanished when the picture was produced. Unable to contain herself, she reached for the picture, stopping just before she could grab it.
"He is my grandson." she whispered, tears filling her eyes. He looked so normal and happy, playing one of his favourite games and completely at peace. She would give anything to have him back in her house, doing nothing but what he wanted with apple pie and chess.
She looked up from the picture sharply.
"How do you know he's missing?" curiosity more so than anything else played out through her tone. "Do you know how to bring him back?" now she was desperate, clinging to the slight hope that this complete stranger would assist her. The tears began to fall and she reached for one of her signature lace handkerchiefs.
"Who are you?"
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

AU II ~Test Run~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: AU II ~Test Run~   AU II ~Test Run~ EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 7:37 am

Kiara listened as her mother's counter-part told the anwsers she had come for, though it pulled at her heart to see Eglantine so desperate and tearful. With a sigh she nodded and magicked the photo toward Eglantine.

"You can keep the picture if you want, I have more..." she paused for a moment to gather her thoughts.

"I suppose I should explain... but it is rather complicated to really explain out here,," she said softly as Eglantine began to cry, pulling at her heart even more.

"But in a short Answer, yes I believe I know how to bring him back to you.. It will take a little more time, but soon... I will bring him back, I promise Eglantine.." she trailed off after that silently cursing herself for calling Eglantine by her name... so much for playing a stranger. "I am here to make sure the way I intend to take him is safe first"

She stayed silent after that, choosing not to answer about "who" she was, Unless Eglantine figured it out first.. revealing out of the blue seemed like a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

AU II ~Test Run~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: AU II ~Test Run~   AU II ~Test Run~ EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 10:58 am

Eglantine took the picture, grasping it tightly, as if to ensure herself she wasn't dreaming. The entire situation felt strangely surreal. Any moment, Horatio would shake her awake, asking for her to stop making so much noise. That moment, however, did not come.
She listened carefully, wanting the explanation, regardless of the complexity. What came was not what she wanted to hear, but she did her best to take it.
"More time..." she repeated, playing the words over along with her name.
It startled her when her name was used; causing her to pale and step back, hand on the door knob. Only one person in the entire universe would care so for Owain and call her by her name... and she was dead.
"Oh Kiara." she gasped, the trickle of tears turning into a torrent. "Why did you take him in the first place? I love you so, but you are dead. Owain is all we have left of you. All Ciaran has. You cannot keep appearing like this." She leant against the door frame. "It'll destroy him..." And she figured what she figured to be the ghostly form of Kiara would understand all to well.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

AU II ~Test Run~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: AU II ~Test Run~   AU II ~Test Run~ EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 5:11 pm

Kiara's heart leapt to her throat as Eglantine so tearfully said her name.. had she been that obvious?

"Why did you take him in the first place?

If her eyes could be seen confusion would have been clear in them, Take him? she hadn't taken him... how could her mother think she would Kidnap her own son?

"...Owain is all we have left of you. All Ciaran has. You cannot keep appearing like this.. It'll destroy him..."

"What?.." she whispered confused and hurt by Eglantines words.. and all the more worried.. Since Eglantine found out who she was, the enchantment on her voice melted away.

She shook her head "You turely think me capable of kiddnapping my own son Eglantine... I could never do that to Ciaran.. to any of you." she said a tear rolled down her face.. perhaps little more information was needed but her mind was starting to spin yet again.. it was becoming difficult to think straight.

"I am from another universe Eglantine, a universe where Owain died... and I lived. Your Owain was taken to that universe by means of this.." she said by holding up the compass around her neck.

"Owian told us he found it in a shrine, Ciaran and Tav had taken him to some months ago. I have been learning all I can about it ever since.. now that I have learned to use it... it is only a matter of time before I attempt to bring him back.." she explained.

"I...please, tell Ciaran I am trying my best, his son will be back soon, I didn't not mean to bring him more harm then he already has.." she said with a slight quiver in her voice as she stumbled forward slightly her energy wanning. "Or perhaps it best you not tell him it was me..."

"I know this is difficult to understand, or believe.. a woman dead for 10 years comes to your door and blurts all this out... If you wish me to go now.. I will, I have what I need to know" she said, as she needed to rest before heading back to her world anyway.. Perhaps she could sleep in an inn...

Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

AU II ~Test Run~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: AU II ~Test Run~   AU II ~Test Run~ EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 4:56 pm

Eglantine watched Kiara closely, at the same time wanting to run away. It felt like yesterday that she'd been told not to worry by the same ghostly figure; that Owain was alright and that everything would be set back to normal in due time. Now confusion was looping into a complexity that boggled her poor mind.
"You're not our Kiara." she whispered, covering her mouth with a hand. "Not dead."

Kiara's words swirled around her until she thought she might faint; overwhelmed by too much in too short a time. But instead, she slowly pulled herself together.
"I thought you were her ghost." she murmured, stepping away from the door and closing it behind her. "She came to tell us that Owain was alright and I figured... that since she knew, she'd taken him." Eyes bright with tears, she gingerly reached a hand out to touch the woman's arm. It was solid; unlike the ghostly form Kiara had been in last time. Solid, living, breathing. Suddenly it was too much for the older woman and she broke down, sobbing.

Not usually one for physical contact, she gently pulled Kiara into her arms; not caring what dimension or reality she was from... it didn't matter. For a moment in time, she was there again.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

AU II ~Test Run~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: AU II ~Test Run~   AU II ~Test Run~ EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 5:38 pm

Kiara paused as Eglantine realized she wasn't a ghost and wished she could have explained it better. "I am sorry Eglantine, I should have explained it better.. and no it was old magic that had taken him. Owain actiavted it by accident, if my other self was anything like me.. she was proably watching him. Owain is such a sweet child.. I know why you want him back so.." she said holding her crying mother as well.

Though she hoped she could sit sometime soon, the world was starting to spin even more and her head pound.

She tried to move her mother into a sitting position on the door step, so they could continue this without alarming her. "Sh..it is alright... I am sorry" she tried to comfort despite feeling like she was about to cry as well.. so this what it was like to appearently come back from the dead...

Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

AU II ~Test Run~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: AU II ~Test Run~   AU II ~Test Run~ EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 9:07 pm

It couldn't really be blamed that Eglantine wasn't listening to her daughter. She'd passed that point and now could think straight enough to do anything other than sit on the door step and hold Kiara tighter.
"You've done things with Owain?" she asked softly. "He is such a sweet boy. So much like Tav and yet so much like you. You would have been so proud of how kind and gentle he is." She finally gathered herself together and pulled away, smoothing Kiara's hair with her own shaking hands. "Goodness, you've gotten older." she murmured, nearly laughing at the idea. Kiara with greying hair was an interesting sight. "You need to come inside now. Horatio will be so happy to see you."
It was a nearly frightening change it was so fast; one moment she was a sobbing mess, the next eager to show her to her husband... "You look so tired; are you ill?"
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

AU II ~Test Run~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: AU II ~Test Run~   AU II ~Test Run~ EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 6:40 am

Kiara smiled as her mother's counter-part rambled, she seemed so much younger, now, despite that there were tears in her eyes.

She did laugh heartily when Eglantine mentioned she looked older, " Well technically I got 20 years on you Eglantine, come from the year 2055, I am 67 years old" she said with a chuckle..

"Goodness I feel old now... if I didn't before" she said sheepishly.

Kiara swallowed at then mention of seeing Horatio, hoping she didn't cause him any trouble.. but then the Horatio in this time was likely healthier then hers. "If your sure... I hadn't intended on meeting everyone.. but.." she paused thinking she always did have a soft spot for Horatio.. "Very well.." she said being unable to resist.

She shock her head at Eglantines concern, "Oh no, nothing a rest won't fix.. demensional travel takes lot out of you" she explained using the side of the house to pull herself up rubbing her forehead as is protested at the movment.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

AU II ~Test Run~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: AU II ~Test Run~   AU II ~Test Run~ EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 2:07 pm

If it was possible, Eglantine's eyes widened further.
"Twenty years? Oh goodness gracious, no wonder you look so tired." Somehow it was easier to except that Kiara was from another reality than that her daughter was suddenly older than her. Confusing was the understatement of the year. Obviously, not being sure didn't carry much weight around there, as Eglantine hustled her daughter into the house and shut the door.
"Horatio." she murmured, steering Kiara into the sitting room. "You sit down and I'll get you some tea." she patted the other woman's hand and hurried off into the kitchen.
"What is it? You didn't come when I asked you about the paper!" Horatio called out, grumbling as he entered the sitting room. "Don't-" he stopped, staring as he focused on Kiara. "Oh my..." he gasped, his face taking on a mixture of disbelief and utter joy. "How?"
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

AU II ~Test Run~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: AU II ~Test Run~   AU II ~Test Run~ EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 2:41 pm

Kiara chuckled as Eglantine rushed off to get her tea, "Well at least she isn't any different in that reguard...." she muttered to herself smileing to Horatio.. she loved how they were all so accepting. No accuations that she was a imposter, she half expected to be cursed and the she should be asshamed of imosing as there dead daughter...

"Tis a long story Horatio, I haven't come back from the dead, don't worry over that.." she said talking a seat. "Owain and I have switched places for the time being, I am from another univeres, Owain is there, I came for a visit to ensure travel was safe for to take Owain with me" she said explaining her simplifed version... hopefully simplifed anyway. She dreaded having to explain it fully again..

It felt odd, to her she had only seen the last night, but for them she hadn't been alive for 10 years. She couldn't Imagine what it was like for them.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

AU II ~Test Run~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: AU II ~Test Run~   AU II ~Test Run~ EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 3:11 pm

Horatio nodded, sitting down as Kiara began to explain. He'd loved a life, magically too confusing to not believe her.
"Owain is doing well, then?" he asked, sitting across from her and staring at her. It was amazing... seeing what could have been. "This is such a treat, my dear. We've missed you so."
His thoughts couldn't help but trail to Ciaran... it would be the worse thing ever if he showed up. It would crush everyone to see him fall apart at the sight of his dearly departed. "How, uh how have you been doing? I mean, how is your world. Since it isn't time travel or anything; can you tell me?"
He wanted to know if she'd been happy, having her own Owain and family with Ciaran. Everything had to have been better... for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

AU II ~Test Run~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: AU II ~Test Run~   AU II ~Test Run~ EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 4:16 pm

Kiara nodded "He's managed to work his way into all our hearts" she smiled somewhat sadly, since bringing him back home would mean to never seem him again.

She nodded, "Things are different, as you likely know in my world, Owain didn't survive his birth.. I went into premature labor.." she recounted somberly.

"However we moved to have other Children.. adopted two, Edan and Rossa, and had two more the usual way, Greta and Beagan. There all done and grown up now with children on there own. I have.. oh my, I have 8 grandchildren now.. ages ranging from 20 to new borns.." she said She didn't quite want to mention that Ciaran had passed away just yet.

"You and Eglantine had more children as well" she said thinking about her brothers and sisters.

"How has everyone been here? with Owain gone I mean.. I can't imgine how worried you've all been" she said.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

AU II ~Test Run~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: AU II ~Test Run~   AU II ~Test Run~ EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 9:08 pm

Horatio sighed. He'd been afraid to hear something like that. Owain hadn't survived and Kiara had... was there such thing as a perfect world? Apparently not when it came to the McConns and McKevins.
"I'm sorry to hear that." he murmured, truly saddened. But as Kiara continued, he couldn't help but smile.
More children. Kiara and Ciaran had been able to move past their child's death... having each other. Four more happy children; Horatio wondered what they were like. Each would be different and irreplaceable. "Wow, you appear to come from a future world as well as an alternate." he sighed.
It pained him to hear her say that they had had more children. When Kiara had died; they had decided not to have any. It wasn't fair that they would be happy while Ciaran was alone and crushed. He had enough emotional problems without their adding to it.

"Well... we've been doing the best we can." he assured her, doing his best to downplay their worry. Kiara didn't need their worry... she looked tired enough. "Eglantine and Tav have been doing their best for Ci..." he stopped., swallowing.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

AU II ~Test Run~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: AU II ~Test Run~   AU II ~Test Run~ EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 10:46 pm

Kiara raised her hand at his appology, "Its... its alright, we were givin a second chance because of it.. I admit I always wondered what it would be like. Too meet the son I lost and I did eventually" she said adding with a smile.

She chuckled slightly "Yes my world is from 2055.. I am 67.. almost 68.. don't even get me started on the fact I am older then Eglantine now.. it is just odd.." she said sighing looking around for the woman wondering where she was.

Kiara's reaction to Horatio almost saying Ciaran's name was instant, she stiffened and looked at Horatio sharply with a chaotic mix of Curiousity, concern, and fear. Curiousity since she didn't know this worlds Ciaran or how much exactly he changed since her death. Concern because he was still Ciaran and she would still worry for him no matter what world they were in. The fear, the fear was a little more complicated.. His death hurt her still so much, more then she would admit to anyone in her world still, she wasn't sure if she could face seeing him again.. and not loose it completely.

Her hand squeezed her robe, "How... how is he? Horatio?" she asked feeling there was a reason he didn't bother to complete saying his name.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

AU II ~Test Run~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: AU II ~Test Run~   AU II ~Test Run~ EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 8:52 pm

Horatio smiled, something that was a rarity in those days. It helped to hear Kiara laugh, even if it wasn't the one he remembered back when they had had happier days.
"Oh I wouldn't say anything about that..." he murmured, not caring how confusing the age thing was; it was amusing and that helped everything out.

At his mess-up, Horatio paled, wishing he'd never spoke.
"I'm sorry, dear." he said, shaking his head. "I shouldn't have said anything. Please forget I said anything."
Eglantine entered then, tea tray loaded with fragrant tea and tiny sweet biscuits.
"Forget you said what?" she asked, setting it down and looking between her daughter and husband. "What did you do, Horatio?"

He groaned, searching his pockets from his missing pipe.
"It was an accident, Lenty. It just slipped out."
Eglantine paled.
"No...no, you weren't... you didn't. Oh Kiara, I'm so sorry."
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

AU II ~Test Run~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: AU II ~Test Run~   AU II ~Test Run~ EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 6:50 am

Kiara between Eglantine and Horatio intense confusion, and even Greater concern, and their apologies confused her even more. Why were they apoloizing for mentioing Ciaran? She would have understood if Ciaran was having a hard time wrapping his head around the fact his 10 year old son was in another universe.. Unless.. No they couldn't know her Ciaran had passed...

It seemed her parents in this world were not very adept at hiding the fact something was a miss..

"Why are you two apologizing?" she asked scratching her head.

"Ture.. I admit I am nervous over thought of meeting him.. Considering the circumstases in both our worlds" she murrmered bitting her lip glancing at her wedding ring which she still wore.. and would always wear.

"But.. there is no need to act as if his name is a taboo word" she said feeling more confused by the moment.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

AU II ~Test Run~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: AU II ~Test Run~   AU II ~Test Run~ EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 1:48 pm

From the steps a deep breath was taken and Tavish McConn stepped down, arms folded as if to keep himself upright.
"It's okay, Grandmama... I can explain to her."
Eglantine and Horatio seemed to deflate; anxious to have the whole thing over with. They had changed. No longer the devious bearer of a deep dark magic, Eglantine nervously sat beside her husband and accepted the comfort his arm around her brought. Horatio seemed suddenly ancient; shriveling back into his chair and pain encompassing his being. They'd lived hard lives, made worse by a loss all of them felt and a deep pain by another they loved.
Tav gave his grandparents a weak smile and squatted beside his step-mother's chair. He'd watched all that had occurred since she'd first walked up to the door. At first, he had grabbed his wand, anxious to defend his grandmother... but then he'd just watched, and listened, tears glistening in his eyes as Kiara's identity was revealed.
Now part of him, wanted to throw his arms around her and sob. She'd been the only mother he remembered well enough to call her that. And her death had broken and crushed both he and his father.
"I think I'd be best if I told you..." he said, cupping his chin as he got comfortable. "Da fell apart when you died. He'd already lost my mother and when you died; well, he loved you so much. We all did. But for him, it was just worse. At first, he started drinking, but they took care of him and got him back onto his feet." a gesture went Horatio and Eglantine's way. "Owain just reminded him that you were gone, so he didn't want anything to do with him. He became violent, yelled a lot and cried the next. We thought he'd harm himself." Part of Tav didn't think it was smart to tell all of this to an AU Kiara; she looked tired and no doubt had her own emotional difficulties. "In some way he hurt us all, emotionally or physically. Sometimes he has good days; but he's unpredictable and dangerous... to himself and us... now you." he looked up into her face, remembering their first 'mother-son' walk in the park and how she'd given him that precious toy-wand. "I hope you can understand why you shouldn't meet him."
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

AU II ~Test Run~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: AU II ~Test Run~   AU II ~Test Run~ EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 5:18 pm

Kiara straightened and blinked wided eyed at Tav, heard everything she assumed. He looked so young, yet so different when she remembered him at that age in her world. She glanced at Eglantine and Horatio, and noted how deeply they had changed it seemed.. She wanted to wipe their pain away, but she knew there was so much more the she could not see.

"Tav.." she whispered before he started.. apart of her feeling what as coming. Tav's next words shattered her..

"Da fell apart when you died. He'd already lost my mother and when you died; well, he loved you so much. We all did. But for him, it was just worse. At first, he started drinking, but they took care of him and got him back onto his feet."

Kiara sent a tearful nod to Both her parents, They always seemed to get everyone back on there feet again.. But then Tav continued..

"Owain just reminded him that you were gone, so he didn't want anything to do with him. He became violent, yelled a lot and cried the next. We thought he'd harm himself."

Kiara's mouth went dry, Dear merlin.. Eglantine had been absolutley right, perhaps even more then she thought. The thought of Ciaran, her dear sweet husband being violent and neglectful of his loved ones and himself felt like a arrow through her chest. Ciaran knew damn well how she felt about people hurting her family.. To know he was doing it becuase of her.. that almost killed her right there..

"No.." she muttered being all she could manage as her chest tightened.

"In some way he hurt us all, emotionally or physically. Sometimes he has good days; but he's unpredictable and dangerous... to himself and us... now you."

"Oh Tav.." she whispered she didn't know what to say, her heart felt like it was in her throat, and her lungs felt like they were being choaked.

"I hope you can understand why you shouldn't meet him."

Kiara shock her head conflicting emotions going through her head, her fear of not wanting to face Ciaran again. Gut wrenching hurt that came with hearing the pain in her step son's voice as he talked about his father.. It was a tone she hoped she never had to hear again. Anger, yet sympathy at Ciaran for what he was going through.. She understood the grief, but her family and loved ones if they are willing to pull you out of it and be with you.. you try your hardest to not pull them down with you.... Which was what she stuggled with every day..

"Oh I am so Sorry, I.. I feared this.. I didn't want to think it was a possibility." she whispered looking at her wedding ring... Knowing the pain everyone suffered, the mother and daughter in her couldn't and wouldn't leave it as it was... perhaps she could help.. as a foolish idea as it was.. she couldn't abandon them knowing this was ture. She wanted to try and help, even if she didn't yet know where to start...

She then glanced at Tav, and reached her hand out to smooth his red hair out, as if from habit.

She wasn't sure what else to say or do.. a part of her wanted to find this worlds Ciaran and knock some sense into him, another part of her just wanted to break down and die at the very thought this could happen.. She couldn't bring herself to do either.. years of building and maintaining a wall around her emotions allowed her to hold her sobs back... even if a part of her wanted to..
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

AU II ~Test Run~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: AU II ~Test Run~   AU II ~Test Run~ EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 7:20 pm

He'd done it as simply and tactfully as was possible; given his age and level of emotional pain. It ripped him apart to hear her soft gasps... his name linked with the impossibility of knowing the husband she loved had changed so much. He wondered what her Ciaran was like; and was sorely tempted to ask. Maybe he'd be the man that Tav remembered from his early childhood. The sweet good-natured Scot who loved life and everyone in it. Who cared deeply for his son and fell in love with the beautiful Head of Hogwarts. Who swept her off her feet in a few days time and married her two months later... who didn't lose her to the birth of their first blood child... who didn't fall apart and ruin everything.

That was too much for Tav, and he felt the tears fill his eyes.
"Kiara, Ciaran is still a good man." Eglantine murmured, sniffling softly. "He's just broken. We're doing our best to get him back on his feet and he has improved." Horatio remained silent, staring at the worn rug at his feet. He couldn't find it within him to say anything... what was left to be said. Their lives were a mess and they'd lied to themselves for too long that it wasn't.

"What about your world?" Tav asked, unable to stop himself. "How is he there?" He wiped at his eyes and swallowed hard, trying to stay strong for his grandparents.

However fate was against them... as even then, Eglantine slowly stood, paling to the point of passing out.
"Oh dear..." she whispered, hurrying from the room in the direction of the front door. There was a faint crash and a muffled groan.
Horatio came up with his pipe, finding it in his pocket and drawing it out. It appeared as if he'd lost interest in whatever was about to happen. Tav on the other hand looked torn between fleeing and hurrying to help his grandmother.
"Are you okay?" he asked Kiara, knowing what she'd say despite the truth.

"Stop man-manhandling me, woman." A familiar voice warbled, his brogue thickened by some heavy drink.
"Just go upstairs and lie down, please." Eglantine begged, sounding terribly soft compared to his loud exclamations. This was followed by a gasp from her as Ciaran attempted to push her out of the way.
Horatio rose then, abandoning his pipe.
"Now, Ciaran." his deep voice soothed, catching the intoxicated man. "Please do as my wife asks. Let's go upstairs and get you settled."
There was no reply from the man as Horatio picked him up.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

AU II ~Test Run~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: AU II ~Test Run~   AU II ~Test Run~ EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 8:05 pm

Kiara shock her head as she saw Tav eyes fill with tears she could not help herself as she slide out of her chair and knelt beside him. No son should have talk about his father this way.

When he asked about her Ciaran, she paled and couldn't bring herself to tell him the truth behind that question.. for it would only make things worse.

"He's a caring a wonderful person to you all" whispered she holding on the image of her dear husband in her mind. Then she froze when the drunken for of Ciaran came in the front door.. She couldn't face him yet, not after finding out the truth.. seeing it first hand was to much.

She heard Tav's question when he asked if she was alright, and no she most certainly was not. Her hands trembled as she patted his shoulder and she was finding it hard to breath. Her eyes were focus on the alian sight of Drunk and miserable Ciaran. She hand tightened into a fist when she saw him push Eglantine away, even though she was almost meek and soft to him. Another strange emotion clouded her eyes as she saw Horatio pick him up..

"No.. no Tav I am not" she whispered swallowing and standing up... She was un sure if she wanted to turn and run the other way... or go and help her parents with the broken counter part of her much love belove husband. She wasn't even sure her presence would make thing better or worse.
Back to top Go down
Merciful Heavens
Deputy Head
Deputy Head
Merciful Heavens

File

AU II ~Test Run~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: AU II ~Test Run~   AU II ~Test Run~ EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 8:50 pm

Tav wanted to throw his arms around her and hold her tight. But he didn't want to complicate an already messy situation. But as she knelt beside him and then paled, he couldn't resist. He gently tucked his arms around her and held her in proper son/mother form.
"I'm so sorry." he whispered. It bothered him that everything had failed to go correctly all at the same time. They really had the worst luck in the entire galaxy. Maybe in all the galaxies.

Ciaran did not protest, all but unconscious as his father-in-law/uncle carried him upstairs. As he vanished over the rim of the top step, Eglantine poked her head back into the sitting room.
"Oh he's okay, love. No worries." she assured Tav and Kiara. She had his battered hat in her shaking hands and a shivering smile on her face; it could turn into a frown at any moment followed by the tears glistening unfallen in her eyes.

Tav nodded, more to assure his grandmother than except her own attempts.
"Well, can we go back to tea now?" Eglantine asked softly, reaching for a cup and dropping it in the process. It shattered and she pursed her lips, not looking back at either Kiara or Tav. "Maybe not tea." she whispered.

Upstairs, Horatio settled Ciaran into his bed and insured he was asleep and harmless. He tried not to think the horrible thoughts he currently was when he looked down at the peaceful drunk. But he couldn't. It hurt to much to see the hurt all laid out for the alternate Kiara to see. It was different for her; they were used to it... she wasn't.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Kiara
Headmistress
Headmistress
Headmistress Kiara

File

AU II ~Test Run~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: AU II ~Test Run~   AU II ~Test Run~ EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 7:23 am

Kiara sighed as Tav hugged her, and counter part to her step son or not.. he was still Tav to her.. "oh Tav.. it is alright..I am sorry" she said regretting laying her worries on her already more then burdened step son..

She blinked her tears away and pulled up her mask something she had become an expert at now a days. And she'd been through worse.. this was just different and not something she was prepared for...

She watched as Horatio carried Ciaran up staires.. she sighed in relief, having not being able to imagine what would have happened if Ciaran had see her and became upset.. never could she picture it. Not to someone close to his heart, she almost couldn't believe the was he had pushed Eglantine away.. even if he was drunk... if she had ever seen him do that at anyother time, she wasn't sure what she'd do. No it was a good thing she hadn't faced him yet.. she wasn't sure the reunion would have gone over all that well.

She gave Eglantine a sad smile, she was a horrible liar in this Universe, she shock her head.. she could still remember the time when Ciaran had been scared of her mother... May how the world changed..

She was not prepared for any of the differences in this world it seemed.

Kiara took a shuddered breath trying to further pull her self together.. curse her horrible lungs... She blinked at Eglantine when she dropped the tea cup, an upset Eglantine she knew how to deal with.. at least she hoped this one was the same. She patted Tav on the shoulder, gave him a glance and pulled her tired body up to sit beside Eglantine.

Her hand shaking as well she patted her mothers hand, "It's alright.. the tea can wait a few moments' she muttered and wandlessly repaired the tea cup.

Knowing Ciaran was upstires and she wouldn't have to face him that night.. she was more comforted with this knowledge.. for the moment she was more concerned with damage control..

She rapidly tried to think of something to lighten the atmosphere in the room.. taking another trembling breath she swallowed and pulled some more photo's out of her pocket..

((Hoping the scenes I have for the pic's work out merci, was debating how to discribe your characters in the pic's.. let me know if you want to chance any of it))

"Here.. you two might find these interesting.." she said handing a photo to both Eglantine and Tav. Eglantines photo was a picture of a smiling Owain with Eglatine and Horatio at the staff table at hogwarts.. she had let Owain sit in her Head chair while she took the picture, Horatio grined and Eglantine calmly smiled back..

"I took that one last week, he looks so small at the head table" she said a small simle on her face at the memory.

The one she handed Tav was interesting if anything.. She snapped it while her Tav was stealing a peice of Owains apple pie while in her quarters, Kaylee could be seen laughing and wagging a finger at Tav in the back ground. And Owain looking perturbed in the fact his apple pie was stolen..

"I know it must by odd seeing your other selves like this, but.. thought you might like them.." she muttered softly, though her eyes shifted up stairs, waiting for Horatio to return.. she almost wished she could have had the nerve to see Ciaran.. There part of her that missed him more then anything was starting to make its presence known, despite all that happen there still apart of her that want to speak to him again, to hold his hand again...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

AU II ~Test Run~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: AU II ~Test Run~   AU II ~Test Run~ Empty

Back to top Go down

AU II ~Test Run~
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Guardians :: Alternate Realities :: The Altenate Universe :: The Altenate Universe ~What could have been~-
Jump to: